When you’ve reached the point in debt recovery of registering a payment default against a business, you can upload a commercial invoice, letter of demand, statement, final notice, statement of claim, garnishment order or solicitors letter as evidence that the payment is overdue.
To lodge a payment default, simply follow the steps below;
- Log in to your CreditorWatch account
- Search for the debtor using the search bar on your dashboard
3. Navigate to the Risk Data section of the credit file and click Register a Default
- Enter the required information (invoice date, due date, amount)
- Upload the relevant supporting documentation
- Click Register Default
If the documentation provided is not satisfactory the default will not be listed and an email will be sent confirming the reason for rejection. Falsified documentation found will be reported.